- Make sure immunizations and the most recent physical exam are up-to-date and send a copy to the school nurse.
- Review basic hygiene tips, especially hand washing, to prevent your child from getting and spreading germs.
- Get enough sleep by establishing a reasonable bedtime and wake-up time.
- Develop a routine for homework and after school activities.
- Eat breakfast every morning. Pack them a healthful snack and lunch.
- Keep an open line of communication with your child.
- Notify the school nurse with any changes in your child's medical history. For example; "Did they get glasses over the summer?"
- If your child is starting a new school, contact the school before the first day and arrange a visit.